gf

billshackelford.com podcast

Being an artist allows me creative and transformative avenues to explore ideas I find fascinating and then to express my conclusions through my art works, to an audience thinking about similar issues. The questions that I find most interesting deal with our place in nature and how it has changed over time with technology, invention and human ingenuity. In my art practice, I compare and contrast how we are able to shape and organize the natural world around us, based on our abstract notions and understanding of what is "natural" This often results in a coerced conforming of the natural elements, often in unnatural ways. As we invent technologies and discover more about what makes up the basic structures around us, we continually redefine what it means to be an individual and to be a community. Do all these things that we create, in turn shape us in unnatural ways?
Website:billshackelford.com podcast

Play this Podcast:Or subscribe it!

0 comments: